Friday, January 15, 2016

Some Body's Poems by Connie Sellers (2005)


Some Body's Poems
Connie Sellers
self-published
(c)2005

I wrote on my Facebook chapbook page (that's awkwardly phrased but...) "so, I don't mean to rail - okay, I do mean to rail against Print-On-Demand operations but also those misguided individuals who believe that if they self-publish a chapbook of their work that they will be discovered or something. I mean, it's the same as the Steve Martin character in The Jerk : just because you are in the phone book doesn't make you special. Just because you self-publish doesn't mean anyone will care, or see, or read your book. It's true. It's just that true. Besides, trees were felled for your piece of crap chapbook, you know. You killed a tree for that. Congrats."

To which someone took exception to my negative tone, but really that person has never come here to read my entries or they would know that negative comments is part of what I present but I feel strongly about a chapbook, as I sometimes do. This chapbook, for example, is dreadful. Just dreadful. I can acknowledge the existence of it without offering the slightly bit of praise for it. SAVE A TREE!

No comments: