Thursday, October 28, 2021

13 Poems by Zack Haber


 13 Poems

Zack Haber

self published

undated

I actually have some history with this poet. I only found this particular "little sliver of nothing" in the Reston Used Bookshop in Reston, VA on 10/24/21 while I was was too early for a poetry reading that I was one of the features for. And there on the bottom shelf of the poetry section, blocked by two stacks of books on the floor in front of the bottom shelf and I recognized the name immediately. "Wait a minute!"

In 2008 I started a poetry series in a funky (but ultimately poorly managed) art space called the Soundry. The series was called "Poetry Lab". It ran for a few years. One of the earliest poets to read as part of that series was a young man named Zack Haber. He had a book out entitled To Carry You Being which was published locally by Jan Holton. The book was published in Reston. It was Haber's hometown. It stated that To Carry You Being was his first book. But this earlier, undated, little sliver of nothing seems to have that honor. 

Shortly after reading in Vienna, Va for me at the Poetry Lab, Haber moved out to the Bay. He now teaches and lives in Oakland, CA. 


No comments: