Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Lucky Girl by Tatyana Brown (2012)


Lucky Girl
Tatyana Brown
self published
(c)2012

This chapbook is the opposite of the recently mentioned "Heartbeats" which was a 75 page staple bound "chapbook" (should have been a book with a spine); this chapbook is 44 pages and does have a spine, with no words on it. What exactly is the point of that?

This collection is a good marker of the history of poetry in the United States in the Internet age; self-published surface poetry which isn't quite prose and isn't quite poetry and isn't quite good but the author was able to bring it out and she did. And I am acknowledging it. It seems a touchstone to the Instragram poets of dubious talent or knowledge. I am sure that I am coming across as a grinch, perhaps I haven't had enough coffee this morning. Or perhaps I get tired of reading "me" poetry.

No comments: