Saturday, July 30, 2016

television soup by Anthony Vitale (1995)


television soup
Anthony Vitale
Good Doggie Press
Brooklyn, NY
(c)1995

Not every tree should be felled for every cockamamie idea that passes through one's brain. Even if that idea is well intended, like - say a memorial for a beloved grandparent. This young man's grandfather died in 1994. In his grief, Mr. Vitale decided to write a book in honor of his grandfather. Unfortunately, he produced this book instead. It's not trashy. It's simply bad. Bad poetry. Bad cover design. It should never have left the bosom of the Vitale family. I regret the trees fallen for this absolute fiasco.

And if Good Doggie Press still exists : shame on you!

2 comments:

Star said...

Do you have this chapbook? He was the star of our high school and a favorite of Allen Ginsberg. He used to visit after he graduated and gave young poets inspiration. I had an encouraging note from him that I found in my storage so I looked him up. He used to perform slam poetry and skate board. This was nice to find. Although I’m sorry the poems weren’t good.

stevenallenmay said...

I don't believe I still have this chapbook, but I might.