Monday, April 13, 2015

EarDada #1 (2000)


EarDada
editor: Re'Howse
Gardenia, CA
(c)2000
Volume 1 Issue 1

This staple bound zine was the handiwork of Re'Howse who, I believe, is alive and well and living in Louisiana where she is makin' some art. 15 years ago, she put together this tiny zine of art, prose, and poetry. A piece I wrote was in it. The concept of "flash" writing was already around and I wrote a piece that took only half the 50 words allotted. I called the piece
27 Left
Tattooed anarchy circle
on her neck.
Three piercings in right
nostril,
silver.
Metal slash
industrial music
rattles the chandelier.
Her hand
jerks the wires
when she sneezed;
BOOM!

I even scored a Tshirt (a special EarDada shirt) which I wore out. There are so many small zines and journals out there. I just happened to be in this one. It was a pretty cool experience.

No comments: