Wednesday, February 29, 2012

two versions of the same book (Brandon Brown)



Wondrous Things I Have Seen
Brandon Brown
Big Game Books
Washington, D. C.
(c)2008

Wondrous Things I Have Seen
Brandon Brown
Mitzvah Chaps
Lawrence, KS
(c)2010

I have not seen this before : two small chapbooks for the same small collection of poems. From two different publishers, with two different covers. The Text in each book is differently presented. The Big Game tiny-chap is an accordion while the Mitzvah Chap is hand-sewn. Odd to have two of the same, or not-quite same, text make it into two different chapbooks. Something new to record.

I am familiar with the Big Game Book "operation" in Washington and am fortunate to have scored something published by them as it seems they have gone into permanent hiatus, while the Mitzvah Chap is new to me and will need further research. The author has gone on to greater success, ain't life grand?

No comments: