Friday, August 07, 2026

Footsteps by Dennis Hutton (1971)


 Footsteps

Dennis Hutton

A Traveling Grain and Cider Press Bokk

twowindows press

San Francisco, CA

(c)1971

One of only 90 copies printed. Designed by Don Grey and G, Flynn. Illustration and cover serigraph by U. R. Sanchez. Handsewn. This is a gorgeous booklet with poems laid out both traditionally and non-traditionally (you know, the way I like to see the words floating down a page). 

I had not hear of the poet of the press before. One of the things I love about what I just wrote is that AI hadn't heard of the poet either and it attempting to bullshit a response. Truly. "Not well known" is its cover. OMG, even. 

I actually found two different books by the same press, one published in 1967. The other in 1987. I wrote about them at the time. Of the three that I have now in my collection, this one is the most beautifully done. Just stunning work. 

No comments: