Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Receiver by Brandon Krieg (2021)


Receiver 

Brandon Krieg

Herring Alley Pamphlets

Kutztown, PA

(c) 2021

I happened to be in Kutztown, PA which is a quaint little college town in the midst of horse and buggy Amish world. There is a bookstore on the Main Street. There is a "Local Author" section in this bookstore and there was this interesting staple bound booklet there. I bought it. 

I bought it because I have a connection to the area and had seen the author on a community TV show read 30 minutes of his poetry. Okay, maybe it was less than 30 minutes since there was banter with the host but I listened to him read. And shortly after I see this book and bought it and am glad that I did. For one thing, the poetry is good. For another the poet is also the publisher and a college professor at that school in town named for the town (clues abound) 

Additionally the author/publisher also made the woodcut that graces the cover. It's a complete package of Brandon Krieg. How cool is that? Pretty stinking cool, actually. 



No comments: