Monday, March 21, 2022

The Main Cause of the Exodus by Dawn Lundy Martin (2014)


 The Main Cause of the Exodus

Dawn Lundy Martin

O'Clock Press

Philadelphia, PA

(c)2014

I happened across an interview of Ms. Martin after receiving this chapbook and it was revealing. Not only of her work as of 2016 and the tie-in with Split this Rock poetry festival which is held biannually in Washington, DC but also in her own involvement with 'Black Took Collective'. 

Naturally, I am not surprised that O'Clock Press is located in two Ivy League town, Philadelphia and Providence, RI and that the Waldrops are involved. 


So many chapbooks get overlooked, and forgotten. It's a terrible scenario in which worthwhile work disappears with barely a trace. Unless someone like me write about it. And I see myself more of a chronicler or archivist (and well, a publisher) at the present time than anything else.

This is great work. I need to read more of her poetry. 


No comments: