Friday, January 15, 2021

loosely tied hands by Joe Rosenblatt (1978)


 loosely tied hands 

Joe Rosenblatt

Black Moss Press

Ontario, Canada

(c) 1978

Small format chapbook. Illustrated and unpaginated. 

I became familiar with this author's work when I was in Toronto in 2018 (found one of his books in a used bookstore). And recently found this item online. It's pretty interesting. The subtitle is "an experiment in punk". Well, kinda but not really. The author is too old to "get" punk and the thrust of the booklet is Eve leaving the Garden. Possibly. It's not exactly spelled out precisely. There is more interest in the snake. The snake as a metaphor yadda yadda. 

I wanted to like it more than I ended up liking it but that's not unique to this book. There are a number of concepts that don't quite reach their goal. I fear that is the situation with this book. All the same, you should read it. It's worth the adventure. 


No comments: